OneTrueFan

Friday, August 24, 2012

What's for Dinner

Shana was almost out of breath by the time she reached the huge old oak tree. The mixture of dirt and sweat stung her bright blue eyes. Her blonde hair hung wildly down past her shoulders. The once clean, bright yellow butterfly t-shirt she was wearing was now dingy and torn where the thorns had pulled and scratched her skin.

She giggled at the thought of the girls seeing her right now. Especially Amanda. Amanda was the leader of her group of friends. A leader with a biting sensing of humor. A leader that never let you forget who was in charge....

And now, she, Rachel and Amanda were out here in the dark woods playing her game.

As Shana stood there with her head cocked to one side staring off into the dark, Rachel stepped into view. A broad smile crossed Shana's face as she watched the girl reach the road below. Rachel was kind but timid. Amanda's whipping post. She would come in handy later......

Rachel was so scared. She couldn't believe what happened to her and her friends she mumbled to the truck driver.

"It was a good thing I found you little girl," the bearded man said.

"I can't." Rachel stammered

"It's okay. I can tell by the way you look, you need a doc and the sheriff."

Rachel looked into the side mirror at began to cry. There was dried blood all over her face. Her tears made streaks as they slid down her cheeks. She didn't look up until they arrived at the police station.

"What's your name honey?" asked the Sheriff.

"Rachel. My friends are dead."

The sheriff was surprised at her flat tone and matter-of-fact statement.

"How do you know that?"

"Look at me Sheriff! Does it look like we just got lost in the woods?"

His eyes left hers and went to the floor.

"You just sit back, take this cup of tea, and slowly tell us what happened, okay?"

At the same time Rachel was explaining the murder of her best friends Amanda and Shana, Amanda was at the bottom of the driveway hoping someone was home.

Snap!

 A broken twig broke her train of thought. She took off towards the front door, hoping the person who killed those two stupid cows wasn't behind her. One knock was all it took for the man living there to open the door.

"What the-" said the clean shaven man.

"You have to help me! There is someone after me! He killed my friends!"

"Who? Little girl what are you-" he tried to say as she pushed past him.

"Move ol' man! I don't have time for this. Where is your telephone and you gun?" she barked at him.

"I don't have a telephone and I ain't got no gun."

"Oh please, you people always have a gun. A gun and pregnant cousin. You don't wanna give it to me, I'll find it myself! But don't you open that door." she hissed.

Just as Amanda turned to go into the living room, she saw a bat coming at her face.

"Wake up, bitch" Shana said with a grin.

Amanda's arms were pulled backward over the top of the small square chair with each wrist tied to the chair. Each ankle was tied to the front legs of what would soon be her tomb.

"I SAID wake up!"

Amanda's eyes were as big as saucers as she stared at Shana.

"I saw you die. I saw you...." she whispered.

"You saw what I wanted you to see. You know how to do that, don't you Amanda? Like when you get mad because a guy you like likes someone else? You know how funny it is to tell that guy that his interest has just been diagnosed with Herpes and was giving it to other guys including his best friend that you knew was just diagnosed with the disease. It was funny watching him look at me with disgust, wasn't it? It was down right hilarious when it spread all over school and nobody cared that it wasn't true, wasn't it? I had to change school's because of this!

I didn't know it was you until dear, sweet Rachel told me. You were in my home posing as my best friend. Well, I think as my very best friend, I should show you what's funny to me.....Uncle Claremon please bring it in."

"I'm sorry." Amanda said tearing up.

"Oh my dear, you will be" Uncle Claremon said while bringing in the table of 'toys'.

Amanda began to beg and cry as she realized what type of 'toys' they were. There was a row of scalpels of many sizes, a hammer, and an electric saw.

"What are you doing? Your gonna kill me because of a joke. I was just playing, I didn't mean it. I'm sorry I hurt you." she pleaded.

"I'm going to cut off your arms and legs at the joints, peel the skin off and eat the meat. Yes, because of a joke. No I am not playing, I do mean it and I am not sorry for the hurt YOU are about to feel.......''

No comments:

Post a Comment